This hearty tart ensures a good hot breakfast with a minimum of fuss. It's so versatile that you can add different toppings, such as chopped olives and Monterey Jack cheese.
Recommended: 25 Magical Harry Potter-Inspired Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in ham and set aside. Unroll crescent roll dough into one long rectangle. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations. Spread with reserved ham mixture. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper; stir in cheese. Pour over ham. Sprinkle with chives. Bake at 375° for 23-28 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Egg Tart in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p13