Ham and Egg Breakfast Casseroles
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
Makes2 casseroles (12 servings each)
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 24 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add Italian seasoning and pepper; saute 1 minute longer. Spread mushroom mixture evenly into two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, ham, Parmesan cheese and flour. Sprinkle over mushroom mixture. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, mustard and white pepper. Pour over cheese mixture.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 270 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 275mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 14, 2019
very easy, very tasty. Thanks for sharing!
Jan 7, 2017
easy to make and I loved the results to have for my breakfast in the mornings
Jan 1, 2016
Simple and yummy.
Jan 2, 2015
I made this and my family did not care for it.
Nov 1, 2013
I can't believe anyone would this a one star rating simply because the recipe makes 24 servings and their's is a household of two! Either alter the recipe for the amount needed (you can google recipe divider for help) or make the full amount and freeze it in single serve size corning ware....or even both!
Oct 31, 2013
Wish this was in a smaller amount there is only 2 of us now.
Jun 26, 2012
I haven't made this myself but I 've had it before very good.I would like this for myself if I could get it broke down for five people.
Jun 25, 2012
This is one of the best breakfast casseroles I've tried (I cook for my church, and we do a breakfast/brunch thrice a year). The Italian flavors make it unique, and all we get are compliments. It's easy to double or quadruple, too.
May 10, 2012
I followed ingredients and directions exactly as stated. We served this dish to our teachers today at a Staff Appreciation Brunch. It went quickly.
Apr 22, 2011
My son was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, so I've been looking for low-carb recipes for family dinners. This was a great choice, and very low-carb, as well! I left out the mushrooms to suit my family's taste, but it was still easy to prepare and delicious!