Ham and Double Cheese Sandwiches
This original recipe won me first prize in a local sandwich contest. Sometimes I'll use hazelnut bread instead of whole wheat to add to the nutty flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted, optional
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 16 slices fully cooked ham
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, chilies and soup mix until smooth. Add cheese and nuts if desired; mix well. Evenly spread on four slices of bread; layer each with four slices of ham and one lettuce leaf. Top with remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 444 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1815mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Ham and Double Cheese Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.