- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted, optional
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 16 slices fully cooked ham
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, chilies and soup mix until smooth. Add cheese and nuts if desired; mix well. Evenly spread on four slices of bread; layer each with four slices of ham and one lettuce leaf. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHam and Double Cheese Sandwiches
"Very tasty. Didn't have the hazelnut in hand, but still came out good."