Ham and Cheese Waffles
Like most kids, my children love pizza...given the chance, they'd probably eat it for every meal! So their eyes lit up when I first served these waffles with pizza-like ingredients for breakfast.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes8-10 waffles (6-1/2 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham or Canadian bacon
- Fried eggs, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk and oil. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in cheese and ham or bacon.
- Bake in a waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Top each waffle with a fried egg if desired.
Originally published as Ham and Cheese Waffles in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.