Ham and Cheese Souffle Recipe
I like to serve this tasty dish for brunch along with fresh fruit when I'm having guests. Not only is it easy, but everyone enjoys it. Make it the night before, then the next day all you need to do is bake it. —Airy Murray, Williamsport, Maryland
- 16 slices white bread (crusts removed), cubed
- 1 pound sliced ham, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread, ham, cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard and onion salt; pour over layered mixture.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the middle comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Freeze option: Prepare souffle as directed, omitting cornflake mixture. Cover and freeze unbaked souffle. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare cornflake mixture; sprinkle over top. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 533 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 1171mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Souffle
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC