Ham and Cheese Pockets
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Let dough rise according to package directions. Punch down; divide into 10 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 5-in. circle.
- 2. Place one circle on a greased baking sheet; top with about 1/4 cup ham and 2 tablespoons cheese to within 1/2 in. of edge. Press filling to flatten. Combine egg yolk and water; brush edges of dough. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Brush tops with remaining egg yolk mixture.
- 3. Bake at 375° until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
1 pocket: 229 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Mar 3, 2011
It was a good recipe and worked out exactly as i said it would. It was a little hard to roll out the dough but I made a huge batch. Not a good idea for a large get together but better for smaller batches.
Dec 31, 1969
If you don't have time to wait for there bread dough to thaw and rise use refridgerated pizza crust. Tastes great, lots less time!