Ham and Cheese Mini Stratas Recipe
Almost too cute to eat, these mini egg bakes make a handy portable meal. Even with a creamy texture, they hold their shape and have the perfect amount of mix-ins. —Shirley Warren, Thiensville, Wisconsin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed day-old Italian bread (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cheese, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in bread cubes, ham, tomato and onion.
- 2. Spoon into greased or foil-lined muffin cups. Bake, uncovered, 22-26 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Mini Stratas
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2015
"These turned out well. There was a nice amount of mustard to give them some zing. I used a good cheddar, and didn't add the tomato."
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC