Ham and Cheese Mini Meat Loaves
I came up with a meatloaf recipe for my son who doesn't like meatloaf. I was looking for a variation with a comfort-food feel and kid-friendly flavor. These small loaves are ideal for children trying something —Jan Charles, Greeneville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 small tomato, seeded and quartered
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 8 slices Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place first nine ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in egg. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly (mixture will be soft).
- Divide mixture into eight portions. On a piece of parchment paper, pat each portion into a 5-in. square; layer with ham and cheese to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away paper while rolling. Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place on a rack in a roasting pan, seam side down.
- Mix glaze ingredients; brush over loaves. Bake until a thermometer inserted in meat loaf reads 160°, 30-40 minutes.