Ham and Cheese Mini Meat Loaves
I came up with a meatloaf recipe for my son who doesn't like meatloaf. I was looking for a variation with a comfort-food feel and kid-friendly flavor. These small loaves are ideal for children trying something —Jan Charles, Greeneville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 small tomato, seeded and quartered
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 8 slices Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place first nine ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in egg. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly (mixture will be soft).
- Divide mixture into eight portions. On a piece of parchment paper, pat each portion into a 5-in. square; layer with ham and cheese to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away paper while rolling. Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place on a rack in a roasting pan, seam side down.
- Mix glaze ingredients; brush over loaves. Bake until a thermometer inserted in meat loaf reads 160°, 30-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 meat loaf: 455 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 1234mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Oooey Gooey Ham and Cheese Stuffed Baby Meatloaves in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018