Ham and Cheese Frittata
This recipe is very flexible because it can be served around the clock. In summer, I frequently add a variety of fresh vegetables, including zucchini.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute mushrooms, pepper and onions until tender. In a bowl, beat eggs until foamy; stir in ham. Pour over the vegetables. Let eggs set on the bottom, then lift the edges to allow any uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cover and cook until the eggs are set, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and cut into wedges to serve.
1 piece: 300 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 373mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Jan 17, 2015
whats the water for? no mention of the water in the instructions
Dec 31, 1969
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC