- 2 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 to 6 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded parmesan cheese, optional
- Dried basil, optional
- Meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Unroll one pizza crust, stretching gently to make at 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Spread half of the ricotta on half of the dough lengthwise, to within 1 in. of the edges. Sprinkle with half of the pepperoni, ham and mozzarella. Fold unfilled side of dough over filled half and press edges together firmly to seal. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crust and filling ingredients. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parmesan and basil if desired. Slice into serving-size pieces. Serve with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHam and Cheese Calzones
"I inadvertently purchased pie crust which was great because it was flaky. I also brushed an egg wash on top to add a little crunch and color."
"Very tasty and easy."
"When I first made this I halved the recipe and just made one calzone for two of us. My boyfriend liked it so much that he asked me to make it again the following week and to show him how. Now he makes it for himself! Very good and easy!"
"very good and easy to make!"
"I did my own filling (salami, olives, pickles, seasonings) but used cottage cheese instead of the ricotta. It turned out so yummy!"
"I made my own filling but used this recipe as a basis... and it totally hit the spot! I didn't have ricotta so used cottage cheese instead and it was very good. It didn't melt as much as cream cheese would've so it all held together better. Husband loved them!"
"I have found that refrigerated pizza dough is too sticky so I've made these using full sheet crescent rolls. Always a hit and very easy to put together."
"Very tasty! I did not use the optional shredded parmesan on top; thought there was enough cheese inside. Also did not use the optional dried basil on top, did however use fresh italian parsley inside the calzone."
"My husband loved this so it got 5 stars!"