Ham and Cheese Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 cups shredded cheddar, Swiss and/or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- Roll each loaf of dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Place one in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with broccoli, cheese and ham to within 1/2 in. of edges. Place second rectangle on top, sealing edges.
- Brush the top with butter; sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 270 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Mar 24, 2018
My mom has made this for years - always hits the spot and it can be frozen before cooked!! Easy to assemble and very yummy!
Apr 15, 2013
I have been making this sandwich for years after the recipe appeared in Taste of Home Magazine, and my family loves it! I make it with chopped ham for the most flavor, equal amounts of cheddar and swiss cheeses, make sure the broccoli is finely chopped and lastly, I sprinkle genrous amounts garlic and onion powders over the top of the bread before baking. I serve it with homemade Tomato Soup.
Nov 18, 2011
While this was very good and tasty, it was an awful lot of bread. Fairly simple to make also.