Ham and Cheese Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 cups shredded cheddar, Swiss and/or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- Roll each loaf of dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Place one in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with broccoli, cheese and ham to within 1/2 in. of edges. Place second rectangle on top, sealing edges.
- Brush the top with butter; sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 270 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Mar 24, 2018
My mom has made this for years - always hits the spot and it can be frozen before cooked!! Easy to assemble and very yummy!
Apr 15, 2013
I have been making this sandwich for years after the recipe appeared in Taste of Home Magazine, and my family loves it! I make it with chopped ham for the most flavor, equal amounts of cheddar and swiss cheeses, make sure the broccoli is finely chopped and lastly, I sprinkle genrous amounts garlic and onion powders over the top of the bread before baking. I serve it with homemade Tomato Soup.
Nov 18, 2011
While this was very good and tasty, it was an awful lot of bread. Fairly simple to make also.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.