Ham and Cheddar Scones
A good friend of mine frequently makes these scones and shares with me. They are so good and you can see the flecks of cheese, ham and green onions.—Felicity La Rue, Palmdale, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in ham, cheese and onions. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges, but do not separate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 326 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Ham and Cheese Cream Scones in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2012
Sep 17, 2017
Added butter prior to adding milk and they came out great! Will be helpful to have these pre-made for breakfast this week.
Feb 13, 2017
very hard to make not enough liquid to make it all mix together.