Ham and Broccoli Strata Recipe
Entertaining is easy with this homespun strata that features broccoli, ham and cheese. You assemble it the night before you need it, so there's no last-minute fuss.
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, ham and cheese; spread half into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange bread slices on top. Cover with remaining broccoli mixture. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion, mustard and hot pepper sauce. Pour over broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 224 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Ham and Broccoli Strata
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC