Entertaining is easy with this homespun strata that features broccoli, ham and cheese. You assemble it the night before you need it, so there's no last-minute fuss.
Recommended: 22 Leftover Ham Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Combine broccoli, ham and cheese; spread half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange bread slices on top. Cover with remaining broccoli mixture. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion, mustard and hot pepper sauce. Pour over broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Broccoli Strata in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p12