- 1 loaf (8 ounces) day-old French bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toss bread cubes with butter. Place half in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the cheese and broccoli; sprinkle with ham. Layer with remaining broccoli, cheese and bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper. Pour over casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHam and Broccoli Bake
"Very easy to make and good taste."
"My husband and I love this recipe. It will definitely stay in our favorites list. Edna"
"This recipe has a light but very odd texture to it. You get tired of eating it immediately and it begs for more flavor and substance. It was scraped off our dinner plates and thrown away!"
"Too much sodium for my husband's heart-healthy diet."
"very good and easy"