Ham and Blue Cheese Pasta Salad
When I first saw this recipe, it piqued my interest. It flopped at first, but after some adjustments, this salad's become a real winner in our home.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue or feta cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the ham, blue cheese, parsley, garlic, rosemary and pepper. Add oil and pecans; mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Ham and Blue Cheese Pasta Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook