Ham and Apricot Crepes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 20 thin slices deli ham
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the milk, eggs and butter. Add flour and beat until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. Place a slice of ham on each crepe; roll up. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, drain apricots, reserving syrup. Cut apricots into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add apricot nectar and reserved syrup; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, lemon juice and apricot slices. Serve with crepes. Yield: 10 servings.
2 each: 258 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Ham and Apricot Crepes
"I tried today with peaches and peach nectar instead of apricots because that's what I had in my cupboard -- fantastic!"