Ham- and Apple-Stuffed Mushrooms
If you like stuffed mushrooms, you’ll want to try these. Bits of ham, apple and toasted pecans combine for a sweet-and-savory filling that’s unusual but surprisingly delicious.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makes34 stuffed mushrooms
- 34 medium fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium Gala apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham steak
- 1/2 cup French bread baguette crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms, and finely chop stems. In a large bowl, toss mushroom caps with olive oil to coat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushroom stems, apple and shallot in butter until tender. Stir in the ham, bread crumbs, pecans, parsley, mustard and pepper; heat through.
- Stuff into mushroom caps. Place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed mushroom: 30 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Ham and Apple Stuffed Mushrooms in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013