Ham 'n' Swiss Soup Recipe
Chock-full of ham and broccoli, this flavorful soup is sure to warm spirits on a cool day. Add buttermilk biscuits and a simple spinach salad topped with bottled Italian dressing. Or, bake up golden corn bread muffins and open a can of fruit cocktail to complete this memorable meal.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the broccoli and onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Add the ham, cream and thyme; heat through. Stir in the cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 595 calories, 48g fat (28g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 1681mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Swiss Soup
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC