This recipe came about one day when I needed to make my husband's lunch and we were out of bread. This is now one of his favorites. It's also a great brunch casserole.—Lauren Budweg, Oberlin, Ohio
Recommended: 65 of Our Favorite Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and pepper; add the ham. Pour into skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, spread half of the soup. Place 3 tablespoons egg mixture down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place seam side down over soup.
- Spread remaining soup over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'N' Egg Tortilla Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p260