Ham 'n' Egg Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 10 slices white bread, cubed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound process American cheese, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a skillet, saute green pepper in butter until tender. Remove green pepper, reserving drippings. Combine green pepper, bread and ham; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add cheese to drippings; cook and stir over low heat until cheese melts. Pour over bread mixture. Beat eggs, milk and mustard; pour over cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 1 hour. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 287 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Egg Casserole
"It was sort of wordy. Step 1 put cooked ham & cut up bread in casserole dish. Step 2 fry the peppers in a sauce pan not a large skillet. You lose the cheese that sticks to it. Even if you use a non stick pan. Step 3 put the peppers in with the bread & ham. Then do the cheese & cover that. Then the eggs. I will try it again the night before. The egg didn't absorb into the bread all the way so some of the bread toasted. It should only be done the night before. I also will put stuff as I make it right in the casserole dish was messy trying to cut stuff then go to the peppers then add stuff was all out of order & a waste of dishes."
"Very good recipe as written. Can add any veggies you like."