Ham 'n' Cheese Melts Recipe
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) fully cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. On four slices of bread, layer with provolone cheese, ham, then cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- 2. In a shallow dish, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture, then into crumb mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet over low heat, cook sandwiches in butter for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 511 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 1272mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Melts
"Was nicely surprised by the taste of finished product."