- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2/3 cup plus 4 to 6 tablespoons cold whole milk, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for 8 crepes):
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a blender, combine the water, 2/3 cup of milk, flour, eggs, butter and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Add remaining milk if batter is too thick.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 3 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 16 crepes.
- To use frozen crepes: Thaw 8 crepes in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Spread each with mustard; top with a slice of ham and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up tightly.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHam 'n' Cheese Crepes
"I had been looking for simple crepe recipe for a while. This was fantastic. And once they crepes are frozen you can use them for anything savory or sweet!"