- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2/3 cup plus 4 to 6 tablespoons cold milk, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for 8 crepes):
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a blender, combine the water, 2/3 cup of milk, flour, eggs, butter and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes; stir. Add remaining milk if batter is too thick. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. skillet; add about 3 tablespoons batter. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until the top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Stack crepes with waxed paper between layers. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 16 crepes.
Reviews forHam 'n' Cheese Crepes
"I had been looking for simple crepe recipe for a while. This was fantastic. And once they crepes are frozen you can use them for anything savory or sweet!"