- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer each with a slice of cheese, ham and another cheese slice. Top with remaining bread.
- Butter outsides of sandwiches. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Remove to a cutting board; cut each sandwich lengthwise into thirds. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHam 'n' Cheese Brunch Strips
"Just the fact that they are strips makes it easy to hand them out in"to-go" bags as the kids take off in a rush so they don't have to scarf things down before they get out of the car"
"opps sorry I meant swiss - sorry!!!"
"The idea of something simple to compliment eggs - Great! here goes with the fix. Forget the American cheese and the mustard and go with ham and cream cheese (any variety - vegetable sounds pretty tasty)"