- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons diced fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons canned sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- Place one slice of bread in a greased sandwich iron. Top with ham, mushrooms, cheese, salsa and remaining bread slice. Close iron.
- Cook over a hot campfire until golden brown and cheese is melted, 3-6 minutes, turning occasionally. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forHam & Jack Pudgy Pie
"Had to try them just because the name of them amused me. I used slab ham (breakfast leftover), fresh mushrooms sauteed in garlic and fresh homemade Pico de Gallo. Everyone loved them! Served with a crisp salad and fresh fruit - now a go to and have made with bacon too, delish! Thanks for such a fun name on a twist to grilled cheese."
"Very easy and quite tasty!"
"This was one great, but I used a multigrain bread instead of sourdough, still turned out fabulous!"