- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped collard greens, thawed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese onto bottom of pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle with ham.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add collard greens and onion; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in salt and pepper. Arrange greens over ham.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake on lower oven rack 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 375°. Place quiche on a baking sheet. Bake as directed, increasing time to 50-60 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHam & Collards Quiche
"I happened to have all the ingredients on hand, except I used spinach instead of the collard greens. Made two quiches this morning intending to serve them for lunch, but my husband and older son couldn't wait and had the quiche for breakfast! Loved it! Younger son and his fiancee will have the second quiche for lunch today, when they stop over. Great recipe, delicious!"
"This is a wonderful recipe. If you don't like collards you could even substitute spinach or even broccoli and it would still be delicious. (Not really sure why the other person who "rated" this gave a crummy one-star ding to this person's delicious recipe, since she hadn't even tried making it yet... too many people don't seem to understand what a review is. All that did was make this recipe look bad, when I assure you it is not!) So definitely try this! It's awesome!"
"I don't usually post a review until I've tried the recipe, but I'm making an exception. This recipe sounds like a must-try! All the ingredients go together so well. I will be rating it soon!"