- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup cubed deli ham
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, onion, celery and red pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Set aside. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with cream cheese, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in the ham mixture, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forHam & Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
"Loved this recipe as is - served it with a salad which made for a complete meal. Could change it up in many different ways. Very satisfying!"
"Really tasty. We made as a main dish and served with a salad. Prep work did seem a bit much but worth it."
"I love stuffed twice baked taters,I always put green onions in mine cuz thats the way I like them,lots of flavor and bacon,cheese,and what ever else,it makes for a big potato when done,so I cut it in half,its only my husband and myself so 1 potato does the trick..You can put anything you like in one,veggies are good also!!"
"to scoop out the baked potato use the larger end of a melon ball tool . . ."
"We love this recipe - definitely a filling meal! Very flavourful and definitely cheesy! This is one of our favourite holiday meals. Nice and easy!"
"I agree with daisey5....cut the potatoes in half.....they are easier to work with that way. I love that these can be varied to taste."
"These tasted good but next time I will cut them in half to make it easier to scoop the potatoe."
"Too much work, with not alot of flavor"