Ham & Cheese Strata with Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe
Brimming with ham, cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, this pretty breakfast casserole feeds a crowd while adding visual appeal to your brunch's spread. It's elegant comfort food at its best.—Kim Deane, Fenton, Missouri
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 loaf sourdough bread (1 pound), crust removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, mix ham, tomatoes, parsley and chives. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of each of the following: bread cubes, ham mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cream and seasonings; pour over layers. Drizzle with melted butter. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 336 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 256mg cholesterol, 895mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Ham & Cheese Strata with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC