- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked egg noodles
- 3 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ham, soup, beans and milk. Drain pasta; pour over ham mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Drizzle each with butter; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Reviews forHam & Cheese Casseroles
"I made this recipe as directed and found it lacking in flavor. I would highly recommend adding some seasoning/ more veges to this base."
"Delicious! My husband's not very fond of green beans so I used frozen mixed vegetables instead. Worked well."
"HI.. this is nice!!"
"If it is lacking in taste use your imagination and add spices,green pepper or whatever"
"easy to make. Lacking in taste!"
"Thanks for sharing this recipe Jan!The day my Simple and Delicious magazine arrived I made this recipe. Wanting to assure we liked the recipe first, I cut the ingredients in half. It was good, but we felt something was missing in flavor. Maybe it was because I only had Monterey Jack at the time and was missing out on the Colby. Not sure though.Tonight we had unexpected guests and I had no idea what to feed everyone. This recipe came to mind because I had purchased a large ham just in case we liked the recipe enough to remake and freeze portions. I didn't have the Colby/Monterey Jack cheese on hand, but did have some Pepper Jack cheese. With some tweaking to your original recipe I made a wonderful casserole to please my guests and family.Here is how I remade tonight's casserole...1 1/2 cup Egg Noodles (I used the medium size)1 1/2 pound - cubed fully cooked ham8oz. can Cream of chicken soup (undiluted)8oz. can Cream of Mushroom soup (undiluted)29oz. can Mixed Vegetables (drained)8oz. can Mushrooms (drained)8oz. package of Pepper Jack cheese (grated)*In my area we do not have pre-shredded Pepper Jack cheese. I had to hand grate it myself. However, it's well worth it for a spicy kick.*Salt and Pepper to taste.Omitted the butter and milk as I felt they were not necessary this time around.Cook the pasta according to package directions.Mix together the ham, soups, vegetables and mushrooms.Drain the pasta and toss to coat with the ham mixture.Transfer to a 9x13 inch casserole baking dish.bake uncovered, at 350* degrees for 20-25 mins."