I enjoy making these rich and delicious egg bundles for my family on special mornings such as holidays and birthdays—or whenever they are requested! They add that extra wonderful touch to the breakfast meal. —Cindy Bride, Bloomfield, Iowa
Recommended: Top 10 Campfire Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 15 sheets phyllo dough (14x9 inches)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into twelve pieces
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Layer with four additional phyllo sheets, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to keep it from drying out.) Cut layered sheets crosswise in half, then lengthwise in half. Cover stacks to keep them from drying; repeat with remaining phylllo and butter.
- Place each stack in a greased muffin cup. Fill each with a piece of cream cheese. Carefully break an egg into each cup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with ham, cheese, bread crumbs and chives. Bring phyllo together above filling; pinch to seal and form bundles.
- Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Cheese Breakfast Bundles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2018