This easy, cheesy casserole has made appearances at holiday breakfasts, potlucks and even my daughter's college apartment to feed her hungry roommates. It's my go-to recipe for action-packed mornings. —Patty Bernhard, Greenville, Ohio
Recommended: 65 of Our Favorite Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Whisk together first four ingredients. Place a third of the potatoes in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; layer with a third of each of the following: ham, onion and cheese. Repeat layers twice. Pour egg mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Cook, covered, on low until set and edges begin to brown, 4-5 hours. Turn off slow cooker. Remove insert; let stand, uncovered, 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Cheddar Breakfast Casserole in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017