- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta (12 ounces)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain and set aside.
- In same pan, combine remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and cream cheese is melted. Return pasta mixture to pan and toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHam & Broccoli Pasta
"So simple to make and quite yummy. Needs a little more salt. I didn't buy enough ham so I wish the recipe would have been more specific about that. Probably almost two ham steaks would be right."
"Tasty and SO easy! I made this recipe, although used whole wheat linguine in place of bow ties, and used thinly sliced red cabbage and sliced green beans in place of broccoli. Wow, it was delicious and SO easy! One other addition that would be amazing here is 1/3c chopped toasted walnuts added to the top when serving. Perfect!"
"My son and I LOVE this dish! We always double the amount of sauce, though, and increase the broccoli (plus we steam the broccoli in the microwave first, and just mix it in afterward). It's quick and satisfying -- use a big pot to make mixing easier!"
"This is really good."
"Comforting dish! Works well as a all-in-one dish to be be delivered as a meal. Depending on saltiness of the ham, may need to increase salt/seasoning. Add fresh green onions and top with cheese at last minute. As a volunteer feild editor for Taste of Home I appreciate recipes that try unique twists with quick preparation s."
"So easy & delicious!- Theresa"
"I made this with Philly Garden Vegetable spreadable cream cheese and fresh broccoli because that's what I had on hand. I added 4 oz. of plain cream cheese and a cup of carrots based on other reviews. This is a good recipe and it was great as leftovers the next night. I will be making this again soon."
"My picky eaters loved this! I would have maybe liked a little more sauce. But it was really good!"
"I'm thinking that cubed chicken breasts (same weight) would also work for this; less saltiness from ham."
"Really tasty and easy to make. Will definitely be making this again!"