Turn any morning into a special occasion by serving this fluffy and flavorful puff pancake filled with hearty ham and tender asparagus.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Featured In: Asparagus Recipes for Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound (1-1/2 cups) chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place the butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; place in oven 3-4 minutes or until melted. In a bowl, beat flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour the mixture into prepared skillet. Bake 22-25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter. Add ham and asparagus; cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream, lemon juice and pepper sauce.
- Spoon into center of puff pancake. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut into wedges; serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ham & Asparagus Puff Pancake in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2007, p29
Reviews forHam & Asparagus Puff Pancake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2011
"This has become one of our family favorites, and gotten us to eat asparagus! I leave out the hot pepper sauce, but still a wonderful lemony sauce."