Halloween Tuna Cheese Melts
Adult and little goblins alike are sure to enjoy these easy, cheesy sandwiches at your next Halloween party.—Bernadine Dirmeyer, Harpster, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 slices light rye bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 1 thin slice green pepper
- With a 2-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, cut a pumpkin from the center of four slices of bread (discard cutouts or save for another use). Butter one side of bread; place buttered side up on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Butter one side of remaining solid slices of bread. In a large bowl, combine the tuna, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic salt. Spread over unbuttered side of solid bread; top with cheese. Place on baking sheet.
- Place cutout bread slices over cheese; press down gently. Cut green pepper into small pieces; place on cheese for pumpkin stems. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Tuna Cheese Melts in Taste of Home Halloween Food & Fun 2006