- 1 package (11 ounces) pretzels
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature peanut butter filled butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (10 ounces) M&M's
- 1 package (18-1/2 ounces) candy corn
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, crackers and peanuts. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Pour over pretzel mixture and stir until coated. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Break apart while warm. Toss with M&M's and candy corn. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 16 cups.
Reviews forHalloween Party Mix
"I added approximately 5 cups of Chex cereal to the mix and didn't change any of the other amounts and it was great."
"This snack mix is amazing...absolutely delicious and addicting! I have made this many, many times. For other occasions (such as a baby shower or Christmas), I omitted the candy corn and substituted seasonal M&Ms - such as pastel colors or red & green."
"A favorite with my husband's poker group"
"I made this for my sons halloween birthday party and it was a HUGE hit, very delicious sweet and salty snack!"
"Super Yummy! I used chocolate Goldfish instead of Peanut Butter filled crackers and it still turned out awesome."
"Have made this for years, a requested favorite at Thanksgiving."
"Made this for our Halloween party this year. It is too good and addictive."