Don't be surprised if all the monsters come out of hiding when you assemble these fun and easy treats. My kids and I made them for their classroom Halloween party one year. Their classmates loved them, and it's now a tradition to make them every year. —Dina Crowell, Fredericksburg, Virginia
Recommended: Monster Halloween Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1 package (13 ounces) chocolate chip cookies
- 8 large marshmallows
- Mega buttons or edible candy eyeballs
- Edible black decorating marker
- White baking chips
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon frosting on half of a cookie bottom; cover with another cookie, gently press together.
- Cut marshmallows crosswise in half. For eyes, decorate Mega Buttons with edible marker; press into cut side of marshmallow. Place a small amount of frosting on bottom of marshmallow; press gently onto cookie. For teeth, press baking chips into frosting. Repeat. Yield: 16 monster cookies.
Originally published as Halloween Monster Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p240