- 4 gingersnap cookies
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Orange and purple Halloween sprinkles
- Place gingersnaps in a single layer on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; top each with a scoop of ice cream. Freeze until firm.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Remove one dessert at a time from the freezer. Dip in melted chocolate; top with sprinkles. Freeze until serving. Repeat with remaining desserts. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHalloween Ice Cream Treats
"I always had a hard time using semisweet chocolate chips for coating things so I only use Almond Bark. It is very inexpensive and comes in vanilla or chocolate flavors. I works great in place of choc-chips for coating anything. Overall this is a good idea so I used vanilla waffers and strawberry ice cream for a bday treat. Delicious!"
"Mine didn't turn out as pretty but with a little practice they will get better. I will make this again for other holidays as well."