—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sesame or caraway seeds
- Assorted sandwich fillings
- Flatten one roll into a 4-in. x 5-in. rectangle. Make 4 equal cuts into one end for fingers, cutting the thumb strip three-fourths of the length of the dough and the finger strips one-half the length. Repeat steps for second hand making cuts opposite. Separate the fingers slightly.
- Pull the thumb strip off to the side and cut in half. Tuck the cut off piece under the palm and press into the dough. Place hands on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with egg and sprinkle with seeds if desired. Repeat with remaining rolls to make a total of 6 right hands and 6 left hands.
- Cover with plastic wrap that has been coated with cooking spray. Let rise 45 minutes or until almost doubled. Remove wrap. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Use a right and left hand to make a sandwich.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Halloween Handwiches in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Fall 2009