Halloween Cat Cookies Recipe
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 54 pieces candy corn
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Red shoestring licorice, cut into 1-3/8-inch pieces
- 9 thin chocolate wafer (2-1/4 inch diameter), quartered
- 1. Bake cookies according to package directions. Cool on a wire racks.
- 2. Cut off yellow tips from 18 pieces of candy corn (discard orange and white portion or save for another use). Frost cookies with chocolate frosting.
- 3. Immediately decorate with two whole candy corns for eyes, a yellow candy corn tip for nose, six licorice pieces for whiskers and two wafer quarters for ears. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 257 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Halloween Cat Cookies
"I made it with peanut butter cookies to help cut the sweet of the choc frosting. I also put them on a stick to help with the mess. Couldnt find the choc wafer cookies so I had to use choc covered shortbread cookies (100 calorie packs) but they still turned out GREAT! I made them for my daughters preschool class and they were a big hit!!"
"I got a lot of compliments on how these looked! I think they were actually too sweet for the children, maybe not. One suggestion, do not under-bake cookies, this makes them too floppy and can break."