Halloween Black Cat Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 90 M&M's minis (about 2 tablespoons)
- 60 pieces black licorice (3/4 inch)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, eggs and water until blended. Gradually beat in cake mix.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Pinch top of cookie to form ears.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press on M&M's for eyes and noses. Insert licorice for whiskers. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 25, 2016
I have been making these since my kids were little and they are all grown now. Since family doesn't like black licorice I have decorated with it. I just use the M & Ms. Also I use creamy peanut butter so the face of the cat is smooth. Great holiday cookie. I make these every year now to give to the church kids.