Halloween Black Cat Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 90 M&M's minis (about 2 tablespoons)
- 60 pieces black licorice (3/4 inch)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, eggs and water until blended. Gradually beat in cake mix.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Pinch top of cookie to form ears.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press on M&M's for eyes and noses. Insert licorice for whiskers. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Oct 25, 2016
I have been making these since my kids were little and they are all grown now. Since family doesn't like black licorice I have decorated with it. I just use the M & Ms. Also I use creamy peanut butter so the face of the cat is smooth. Great holiday cookie. I make these every year now to give to the church kids.