Halibut with Zesty Peach Salsa
Our Test Kitchen came up with a fun way to serve halibut by marinating it in citrus juices and brown sugar, then topping it with a refreshing peach salsa. The colorful entree is pretty enough to serve to company.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Remove 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large bowl; add the halibut and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. In another small bowl, combine salsa ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill halibut, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with peach salsa.