Halibut with Vegetable Salsa
There’s something fishy going on in our Test Kitchen—and it’s this terrific recipe! Topped with a colorful, fresh tomato salsa, these flaky filets are a real treat
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place halibut in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with halibut.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 279 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Halibut with Roasted Tomato Vegetable Relish in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008