Halibut with Shrimp Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 halibut steaks (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canned tiny shrimp
- 2 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- Place halibut on a broiler pan. Combine the butter, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon dill; drizzle over fish. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 8 minutes. Arrange lemon and onion slices over halibut. Sprinkle with garlic. Broil 2-4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, shrimp, seafood sauce and remaining dill. Serve with the fish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 2, 2014
Sooooooo, I only tried the shrimp sauce and it was totally delicious. Used fresh shrimp and chopped up. Added more in there and will just use that as a meal. I love halibut and am sure that is just as good, I just didn't have it available.