Halibut with Shrimp Sauce
Wendy Bognar of Sparks, Nevada broils delicate halibut with slices of onion and lemon, then serves the fish with a savory sauce of sour cream, seafood sauce, dill and baby shrimp. "This is our favorite seafood recipe," Wendy says.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 halibut steaks (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canned tiny shrimp
- 2 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- Place halibut on a broiler pan. Combine the butter, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon dill; drizzle over fish. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 8 minutes. Arrange lemon and onion slices over halibut. Sprinkle with garlic. Broil 2-4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, shrimp, seafood sauce and remaining dill. Serve with the fish.
Originally published as Halibut with Shrimp Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2003
May 2, 2014
Sooooooo, I only tried the shrimp sauce and it was totally delicious. Used fresh shrimp and chopped up. Added more in there and will just use that as a meal. I love halibut and am sure that is just as good, I just didn't have it available.