Halibut with Orange Salsa
Crispy orange halibut is topped with a homemade salsa featuring tomatoes, oranges, kalamata olives and basil for a company-worthy dish that’ll bring raves. —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning, divided
- 4 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine orange juice and 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning. Add the halibut; seal bag and turn to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, orange zest, salt and remaining jerk seasoning. Drain and discard marinade. Coat halibut with bread crumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 3-6 minutes or until lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Serve with halibut.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 298 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.