Halibut with Basil Tomato Sauce
A well-seasoned tomato salsa dresses up these tender, flaky fillets. I'm an empty-nester now, but my sons love this recipe. My husband, Ron, never complains when I make it either! —Carolyn Schmeling, Brookfield, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup diced seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, rosemary, oil, salt and pepper. Add halibut; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill halibut, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 203 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Originally published as Grilled Halibut with Tomato-Basil Sauce in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.