Each year we travel to Alaska to visit friends and catch our limit of halibut. We especially enjoy it prepared this way.—Donna Goutermont, Jackson, Wyoming
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Pinch dried oregano
- Pinch dried basil
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 teaspoons butter
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place each halibut steak on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.); top with soy sauce mixture, onion, lemon and butter. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Halibut Steaks in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p5
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Halibut Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2012
"i have made this recipe twice now its easy and its excellent every body raved on it now i am giving the recipe to my husbands boss ihe wants to try it i say give it a try u will love it and it will be your new fish recipe"
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2010