- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Pinch dried oregano
- Pinch dried basil
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 teaspoons butter
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place each halibut steak on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.); top with soy sauce mixture, onion, lemon and butter. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
1 each: 164 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 1908mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.