- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup cubed avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pound halibut steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 teaspoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, 2 teaspoons oil, lemon juice and honey; set aside. Brush halibut with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill halibut, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place lettuce leaves on tortillas; top with fish and mango mixture. Drizzle with chili sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHalibut Soft Tacos
"These were a surprise hit with my family. Very light and refreshing. Great summer recipe."
"Good. Didn't use chili sauce. Topped with sour cream and Mexican red sauce."
"Yum, yum. Skipped the Thai chili sauce, used corn tortillas, and ate the leftover salsa the next day. I made this recipe twice in three days. Delicious!"
"I loved the idea of this recipe, but it seemed a little flat-tasting when I made it. So I added juice from a whole lime, a little salt (maybe 1/4 tsp) and some fresh ginger (1 T). Awesome! This will be a summer favorite!"
"does anyone know if the nutrition information includes the taco shells?"
"Tasty! I used jarred jalapenos and white onions. Used a whole avocado, I'm not quite sure how many to use for half a cup but the salsa came out almost like a guacamole."
"Took the advice of fellow reviewers and skipped the chili sauce. These are FANTASTIC! Very summer-y and restaurant-quality taste profile."
"This is DELICIOUS! Such a refreshing summer dish. Love the Mango and Avocado in it."
"These are simply amazing! Only reason I didn't rate 5 stars is because I forgot the chili sauce! We used cod since it was less expensive and white onion instead of red. I also substituted lime juice for lemon...the lime was a good compliment to the mango! My 5 and 2 year old loved them too!"